Advance Fire Fighting
This training is intended for marine, drilling and production crews offshore, who
are designated to control firefighting operations on board Mobile Offshore Units
(MOU’s) so as to meet the requirements set out in Section A-VI/3 of the STCW
• Control of firefighting operations onboard MOU’s
• Command and Control
• Leadership and Teamwork.
• Problems of Shipboard Fire Fighting
• Assessment of Fire Emergency situations
• Organisation and training of fire parties
• Inspection and servicing of fire detection and extinguishing systems and
• Investigation and compilation of reports on incidents involving fire.
To ensure that delegates are competent to the standards of the STCW Code in the
knowledge and techniques required for fighting fire with particular emphasis on
organisation, tactics and command.
Before commencing training, delegates will:
• Be in possession of a current merchant navy medical certificate or
• Be in possession of a valid offshore medical fit to work certificate
• Have completed a basic training course and hold a valid STCW95
certificate of competence in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting. Alternative prior
training qualifications and/or additional pre-course ‘top-up’ training may be
acceptable in this respect.
• Have served onboard a Mobile Offshore Unit for at least six months.
The course is conducted over four (4) days.
METHOD OF TRAINING
Classroom theory session
sessions followed by practical periods, conducted at a Fire