The course has been designed to meet the requirements of STCW section V/2, V/3 and is based on the guidelines of IMO Model Course 1.28. Course is based on the minimum requirements for the training of Masters, officers, ratings and other personnel on Ro-Ro passenger ships and on passenger ships.
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Control a crowd in an emergency situation on board;
- Locate essential safety and emergency equipment on board; Communicate effectively with passengers during an emergency;
- Demonstrate the use of personal life-saving appliances;
- Comply with the ship’s safety and emergency procedures
Introduction to STCW ’95, as amended;
- Crowd management training;
- Ship familiarization training;
- Safety training for personnel providing direct service to passengers in
- Review and assessment.
- At least 18 years of age;
- Identification card or passport;
- 2 passport size coloured photographs.
Face-to-Face Training – Classroom Type (Onshore or Onboard) –
Course Duration - 2 days. eLearning –
Average of 4 to 6 nominal hours.
Delegates per Course
Face-to-Face Training (Onshore or Onboard) -
Minimum of 6 and Maximum of 20. eLearning –
No minimum and No maximum.